Last updated on 14 June 2019
In accordance with Australian and New Zealand privacy laws (including Australia’s Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Australian Privacy Principles, New Zealand’s Privacy Act 1993 and other applicable laws protecting privacy), Intellihub Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 626 079 614) and its subsidiaries and other related body corporates (“Intellihub”, “we” or “us”) maintains high standards for the protection of data to ensure that any personal information it collects remains private and is only used for the purpose it was collected for.
This policy is regularly reviewed and if necessary updated to meet Intellihub’s requirements for privacy.
Personal information about you (e.g. your name, contact details, information about how you use our products and services) may be collected by Intellihub (and/or its subsidiaries and other related bodies corporate) when you provide your personal information to Intellihub or during the course of your use of the Intellihub website.
The guiding principle is that Intellihub only obtains specific and individualised data about you when such information is supplied voluntarily (e.g. when you speak with an Intellihub representative, or include your email address in the ‘Contact Us’ form on the Intellihub website, or respond to a customer survey). Intellihub then uses this information for the purpose of fulfilling your requests, or providing you with services.
Intellihub also automatically gathers generic information about you to determine the usefulness of the Intellihub website, and to plan future service requirements. This generic information does not contain the identity of the visitor, but includes the pages that have been visited, how much time is spent on various pages, the visitor’s domain name, IP address, geolocation, and the originating web page of the visitor.
Purpose of collection
Intellihub may use your personal information only for the following purposes:
- Responding to your requests for information;
- Providing you with information about goods and services that we, your Retailer or Network Company, or other entities affiliated with metrology or energy industries (where applicable), and/or other persons (unless you instruct us otherwise) may from time to time wish to offer you;
- Responding to your enquiries and complaints;
- For general administrative and business purposes;
- Complying with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement, or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution; and
- Monitoring the safety and security of our staff and our sites, and completing incident investigations.
Access to and correction of personal information
You may at any time request access to, or (if necessary) correction of, any personal information about you held by Intellihub by sending an email to info@Intellihub.com.au.
We will not be able to disclose information to you without having reasonable grounds to believe that the person information sought is in fact about you, or if disclosing that information would lead to unwarranted disclosure of the personal information of another individual.
You can prevent new cookies from being installed and delete existing cookies through the tools on your internet browser. You may be unable to make full use of the Intellihub website unless you accept cookies.
Use of data and information collected
Intellihub will not sell or reveal your personal information to anyone outside of Intellihub unless:
- you specifically authorise Intellihub to do so;
- it is to our related bodies corporate, as allowed by the relevant privacy laws;
- it is legally required to do so; or
- such disclosure is required to protect the safety of employees, visitors, customers, or property.
You authorise us to disclose your personal information to:
- any person or organisation as authorised by the relevant privacy laws; and
- our suppliers, consultants, service companies and other contractors who provide us with products or services which support the services we provide.
Protecting your information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up to date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Although we use our best efforts to keep your information secure at all times, any personal information you transmit to us over the internet (whether by email or otherwise) will be at your own risk.
Use of email for communications
Intellihub will only send you marketing emails if you have given us your consent to receive such communications. Intellihub does not sell or rent email addresses to third-party organisations.
If you supply your email address as part of the ’Contact Us’ form submission, Intellihub will use that email address to respond to the form submission.