Last updated on 8 October 2021
In accordance with Australian and New Zealand privacy laws (including Australia’s Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Australian Privacy Act), the Australian Privacy Principles, New Zealand’s Privacy Act 2020 and the New Zealand Information Privacy Principles, and other applicable laws protecting privacy), Intellihub Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 626 079 614) and its subsidiaries and other related body corporates being Intellihub Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 626 079 614), Intellihub Pty Ltd (ACN 601 509 693) and Intellihub Metering Pty Ltd (ACN 105 423 541) (and referred to in this policy as Intellihub, we or us) maintain high standards for the protection of data to ensure that any personal information we collect remains private and is only used for the purpose it was collected for. This policy is to inform you of:
- the kinds of personal information that we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold personal information;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information;
- the security of your personal information, and how you may access your personal information and seek the correction of that information;
- how you may complain about our practices with respect to your personal information and how we will deal with such a complaint.
This policy is regularly reviewed and, if necessary, updated to meet Intellihub’s requirements for privacy, including as may be necessary for any new laws and technology, changes to our operations and other developments. Updates will be publicised on our website. We reserve the right to revise this policy from time to time and your continued use of our services or website constitutes your acceptance of any revised policy.
Personal information about you (your name, contact details, information about how you use our products and services, information you provide to us through web forms, discussions with our personnel whether in person, through telephone or other modes of communication, customer surveys, or similar from time to time and information required to satisfy our obligations under relevant legislation) may be collected by us when you provide your personal information to us or during the course of your use of the our website or services.
The guiding principle we follow is that is that we only obtain specific and individualised data about you when such information is supplied voluntarily (e.g. when you speak with an Intellihub representative, include your email address in the ‘Contact Us’ form on the Intellihub website, or respond to a customer survey).
Purpose of collection
Intellihub may only use your personal information for the following purposes or for related purposes which would be within your reasonable expectation:
- Responding to your requests for information;
- For identification purposes;
- To communicate with you including to respond to your enquiries and complaints;
- To communicate with your energy retailer or network company in connection with their provision of services to you and which relate to the provision of services by us to the energy retailer or network company;
- To help us manage our business operations, for example for general administrative purposes;
- Complying with our legal, governmental or regulatory requirements, or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution; and
- Monitoring the safety and security of our staff and our sites, and completing incident investigations.
If you do not provide us with all the personal information we request, we may not be able to provide some or all of our services to you.
Sometimes, we may send your personal information overseas, including to:
- Intellihub group company members that are located in New Zealand;
- service providers or third parties who operate outside Australia including in New Zealand, Singapore, United States of America, Philippines and India; and
- comply with laws or help government or law enforcement agencies.
We will only do this in accordance with applicable privacy laws or where you have otherwise authorised us to do so.
Access to and correction of personal information
You may at any time request access to, or (if necessary) correction of, any personal information about you held by us by sending an email to email@example.com. We reserve the right to charge you the costs incurred by us in providing access. If you become aware that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, irrelevant or misleading, then you should contact us.
We will not be able to disclose information to you:
- without having reasonable grounds to believe that you are (or are authorised by) the person about whom information sought; or
- if disclosing that information would lead to unwarranted disclosure of the personal information of another individual.
You can prevent new cookies from being installed and delete existing cookies through the tools on your internet browser. You may be unable to make full use of the Intellihub website unless you accept cookies.
Use of data and information collected
We will not sell or reveal your personal information to anyone outside of us or our group of companies unless:
- you specifically authorise Intellihub to do so;
- we are legally required to do so; or
- such disclosure is required to protect the safety of employees, visitors, customers, or property.
You authorise us to disclose your personal information to:
- any person or organisation as authorised by the relevant privacy laws; and
- our suppliers, consultants, service companies and other contractors who provide us with products or services which support the services we provide but solely as such disclosure is required to allow such suppliers, consultants, service companies and other contractors to provide products or services to us.
We will store and retain personal information in a form that permits identification no longer that we consider as necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which we collected that information or it was disclosed.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up to date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the steps we take include:
- password protection being applied to system access;
- access to personal information is restricted on a ‘need to know’ basis; and
- our personnel and third party providers we use being subject to confidentiality obligations.
Although we use our reasonable efforts to keep your information secure at all times, you should note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information you transmit to us over the internet (whether by email or otherwise) and this will be at your own risk.
The Australian Privacy Act provides that individuals must have the option of not identifying themselves, or of using a pseudonym, when dealing with our practice, except in certain circumstances, such as where it is impracticable for us to deal with you if you have not identified yourself.
Use of email and SMS for communications
Intellihub will only send you emails or messages via SMS in connection with the provision of our services to you or for operational notifications (for example, to schedule meter work or to ensure members of our field team have access to your property to, in turn, access any meter) or where your energy retailer requests us to send you an email in connection with their provision of services to you. Intellihub does not sell or rent email addresses or mobile numbers to third-party organisations.
If you supply your email address as part of the Contact Us form submission, Intellihub will use that email address to respond to the form submission.
Privacy related questions and complaints
If you have any questions about privacy-related issues or wish to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, the New Zealand Information Privacy Principles, or the handling of your personal information by us, you may lodge your complaint in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will use our reasonable efforts to respond to your request within 30 days.
If you have raised a complaint with us and are not satisfied with our progress of your complaint or our response, you may raise this directly with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints/lodge-a-privacy-complaint-with-us/ or the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner: https://www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/making-a-complaint/.